Thursday, August 23, 2012

First day of Work in Dubai

Ok, well it wasn't exactly work, but it was all related to work.

The schedule was: 0800 pick by bus, delivery to school, introductions, then off to medicals 0900 - 1300.  1300 - 1400 lunch at school, 1400 - 1600 presentation, 1600- 1800 bank to cash furniture allowance cheques.

Reality:

at pick up for 0800... no bus... several phone calls... bus pick up a bit after 0900.  direct to medicals.. dropped off at medicals to await individual from school with necessary paperwork....

eventually called for blood test, then a bit more waiting before being called for chest xray.  Medical finished at 1230

off to school for lunch.  Presentations cut short due to equipment malfunction. given to keys to my apartment as my bed had been located and moved to the apartment.

driven to bank number 1 - closed.  driven to bank number 2 closed.  driven to Dubai Mall, let off to wander the mall looking for a bank.  eventually found a bank and cashed furniture allowance cheque.

driven back to morning pick up location and dropped off.

Stopped in to my apartment for a quick look - bright  and sunny with LOTS of windows (kitchen 1 window, living room 3 windows and a glass door, bedroom glass patio door....)

back to my sponsor's apartment - Hooligan VERY vocal and pleased to see me...

Now for a shower and an early evening as tomorrow I will shift my luggage to my apartment.  I will also measure the living room so that I can order a sofa and chairs etc....


No comments:

Post a Comment