Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How was your day?

I have spent the last 4 days nearly going blind doing data entry (ISBNs and Barcodes) due to a 2 year back log of cataloguing for the library - there is no scanner in the back room and the software/database license was allowed to lapse so EVERYTHING has to be done manually.

I am on a course over the weekend, 8- 4 both days, excited about the course but as I am feeling completely burnt out I am not so sure the timing is the best! Then, I return to work to spend another week doing more data entry ( I describe it as fighting a forest fire with a teaspoon) -  basically I am  working a 12 day week.

I find out this morning my CC is blocked due to a bogus $1000 charge -  some place called " NO MORE RACK"...  those who know me will see the humour in that!  I need to fax the bank to sort this out as the bank can not find my POA forms for my POA can't do anything.

I attempted to rent a car today - will need it for this weekend course and to get around while I look for a car to purchase - but didn't have all the necessary papers.  EVERYTHING requires a ton of copies of a ton of things!

Phoned an Electronic shop in the Mall of the Emirates to ensure they had what I wanted - the clerk swore blind that they had it in stock and yes, madam, several of them.

 I took a taxi to a few blocks short of the Mall of the Emirates - forgot I hadn't gone to the bank yet, walked the rest of the way to the MoE and promptly went to the ATM.


I bought a printer and a few other electronic items (The printer I wanted, the one the fellow swore blind was in stock - of course it wasn't)!

 THEN, I spent a lovely time with security as I "BEEPED" leaving the story - clerk forgot to demagnetize one of my purchases and with several bags, multiple pockets and many places in my handbag it took awhile to find my receipt.  The hysterical giggling woman (me) seemed to unnerve the security guards. There were many apologies from clerk, security and store once I produced the receipt - I kept giggling (I couldn't stop) and said " It was just that kind of day." 

So how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment