Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2

Well,

Today was my birthday.  All in all an enjoyable day.  A half day of contact time at work, and afternoon of easy, if time consuming, paperwork, pizza for dinner, and a bit of web surfing.

I decided that in honour of my B-day and because I worked my backside off yesterday (labour day holiday) on intellectual work I am in the middle of I would have a 'non-academic work' evening.  Caught up on some emails, checked all the discussion boards for my studies, and updating my blog.

Waiting on my visa and apartment information for my new job.  My current job seems to be 'rushing me out the door' or at least that is how it felt today when I was asked when I would be vacating my apartment.  My contract runs to the end of August and I had planned on moving sometime in mid August.  Seems my replacement wants to move in mid August and as there needs to be a 'semi professional clean' done between occupants it is looking like there many be a bit of a conflict.  I did offer to move to better accommodations for the last few months of my contract  - if it would be helpful.    My offer was greeted with a blank, empty grin that sort of said " Yay, right, ain't gonna happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment