Sunday, May 20, 2012

disbelief

So as most of you know I am off on a new adventure this summer.  I plan on leaving directly from Korea as it will be easier with cats, luggage and books etc.  AND under my current contract I have my apartment until the end of my contract which is the end of August.  Sound plan.

2 weeks ago I  was in the school office and the school secretary blurted out, "When are you leaving?"

I was understandably taken aback.  I replied, " At the moment I don't have firm dates for travel/visa but I think it will be around mid August.  Say the 15th or 18th."

"Oh, that won't work.  The new teacher coming in is to get your apartment and she wants to come mid August, around the 15th and we need a week for the cleaners between the two of you."

"Well, I can't leave any sooner than I have my dates.  When I know the dates, I will let you know."  I turn to leave, stop at the door and sweetly say, " The cats and I will GLADLY move to a bigger apartment now if that will be of any help."

I received a blank, I am in pain grin in reply.

This week I was in the office picking up some supplies for the class and the self same secretary says,"Have you got your flights yet?"

I am less taken aback this time.  I smile sweetly and say, "The dates have still not been confirmed." I take a few items out of the supply cabinet and turn back to the secretary and ask, very politely, "Have you found out how much I will be given for my flight?  I can't book a ticket until I know how much, as per my contract, I will be given."

The secretary seemed to be put on the back foot by this.  She hastily said, " I haven't looked yet, I am busy."

And so the latest round in the "Bum's rush shuffle" ends.  Stay tuned for more - you know there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment