Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Soul destroying stress...

Well, the paperwork dragons have been forced in to hibernation.  I have managed to source lawyers in Australia and Canada to complete all the necessary steps the paperwork must go through BUT there is now a possible issue with my VISA!! So, until that is sorted out I don't feel it is wise to spend significant sums to meet a SPECIFIC countries visa requirements when there may be no visa forthcoming.... stay tuned for this update.

So I decide I can put the above on a 'backburner' and let happen whatever is suppose to happen... not an easy thing to do as those who know me will attest! And just as I come to terms with this situation I get metaphorically punched in the stomach.

I get my TAX BILL!!! Yes, you read that correctly - BILL.  I owe the government here approximately $400USD which will ALL come off my upcoming pay check!!  Now, before you think 'well, that's not too bad' let me enlighten you to some MIND BOGGLING facts.  1) my ONLY income is from my current job; 2) I work for a multi BILLION dollar company with several 10s of thousands of employees.  NOW, if I can go online and find, in my native language, information on my tax rate, pension rate and national health plan deduction rates you WOULD THINK that the accounting department could do the same.  I am at a complete loss as to how the accounting department could have missed $400 worth of deductions over the year when I am able to find all this information.   This is, after all, the JOB of the payroll department - isn't it?

Now, before you think, - she's just whinging about basically nothing read on.

So now, metaphorically I am rolling around on the ground from this sneaky stomach punch when BLAM!! I get kicked in the head (again, metaphorically).

My female puss cat hasn't been herself so off to the vet we trot...

After an hour and $200 dollars we, puss cat and I , find out that she has Chronic Renal Failure.  Fabulous - my little girlie is ill, it is a non reversible disease.  Best we can hope for is to "get it under control" and she will have 2-3 good years left.  OK.. so another hole in my soul, another hole in my wallet.

All this is happening while the first mentioned paperwork is on hold because of the visa issue which has meant that the paperwork required for the cats is also on hold - but there are specific windows where certain requirements for the cats to travel must be met.... STRESS...

OH YES! All this just 1 week before I start the final course for my MEd.

Anyone out there want to change places with me for the next few months???  Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment