Monday, February 20, 2012

Paperwork MONSTER

So, my Australian papers need to be notarized and apostille stamped in Australia -- no, the Embassy can not notarize and apostille is only done by foreign affairs in Australia.  SEARCHING for a notary who will notarize my documents without me being in Australia.

Canadian documents need to be notarized and authenticated in Canada (including HIGH SCHOOL diploma and transcripts!).  Searching for a notary in Canada who will proceed without my being there.  AND yes, NO the Embassy can not notarize nor authenticate.  Authentication can only happen in Ottawa at DFAIT

Both of the above processes are difficult when you are sitting in Korea and there are no FREE FLIGHTS in order to accomplish the above.  I am seriously doubting the global / international nature of information and society at the moment.

Documents in Korea must be notarized and apostille stamped in Korea.  This process will be easier - BUT the added step of English translation must occur BEFORE notarization and apostille.

I am starting to feel like Don Quixote, only it isn't a windmill rather a PAPERWORK MONSTER that  I am jousting.

On a plus side - the cats requirements have been sorted out and it seems fairly straight forward.  PLUS, the regulations in Korea and UAE require me to use agents in both places - basically I just do what I am told.  I pay $$$ but, things will be done correctly.

In the past the cats have been the most difficult part!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment