Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Footwear frustrations

I have this super comfortable pair of shoes that I wear everyday I can't wear my sandals to work (I also need to replace my sandals, but that is another problem that can wait until the weather warms up).  These amazing shoes are Birkenstock Footprints Annapolis ladies "business" shoes.  Super comfortable and nice looking.  They are also 2+ years old.  The footbeds have finally worn down to the point that they need to be replaced. Sounds like a simple thing - right, RIGHT?  WRONG!

I know the 'part number' and I can find the item online! (yeah!)   Can I ship it to my current address? - NO, my current location is not Birkenstock friendly (nor is it MAC friendly but that is a whole other ball of wax).  I will be travelling in the near future so I have spend 2+ hours looking for locations in the country and area I will be travelling to or through where I can pre order, pre pay and pick up my new footbeds - so far no joy.  The shoe itself is in fabulous shape... all I need are new footbeds.. I don't want to be contributing to landfills or spending $$ for no reason, but it seems that the universe (or some malevolent force) is thwarting me. AH, the circuitous route of my life continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment